There’s something about January that lends itself to a fresh start. At the very least, it seems like a good time to reset my personal focus.
I really like the practice of choosing a word to frame goals for the year ahead. For 2017, I have chosen the word intention.
Intention is defined as 1) an act or instance of determining mentally upon some action or result and 2) the end or object intended; purpose.
Sometimes when life gets busy (as it has been lately) it’s easy for me to feel like I’m on autopilot. My goal for the year ahead is to be more intentional in my actions and to set habits that help me feel like I’m making the most of every day.
Here are a few of the things I want to focus on in 2017:
- Spend less time on social media and more time reading.
- Say “yes” and “no” with my own best interests in mind.
- Spend more time with the people who matter most to me.
- Travel somewhere new.
- Turn 30 with grace.
- Get focused in the gym and prepare for my next half marathon.
- Read 30 new books.
- Create something new each month.
- Write more often.
- Build more “slow” time into my days by spending more time drinking tea, going to yoga, reading, and cooking.
- Try 30 new recipes.
- Practice yoga 4x/month.
- Go hiking at least 12 times.
- Spend at least one weekend camping.
I’ll be documenting my upcoming adventures here!
“Our intention creates our reality.” -Wayne Dyer